The historic brick building of the former Imperial Post Office was built in 1902 and was supplemented by three individual extensions. This complex is one of Oldenburg’s best-known properties, as the four units together comprise around 17,500 square metres. This makes the building look extremely imposing and stately.
What is special about the “Kaiserliche Post”, and at the same time the greatest challenge in terms of construction, is that it is a listed building inside as well as outside and thus tradition and the past will always be visibly preserved.
The conversion and restoration of the historic building in the heart of Oldenburg began at the end of 2013. The concept consists of a mix of offices, specialist medical practices, gastronomy and residential accommodation. The aim is to breathe new life into one of the oldest, most venerable buildings in the city and to make it accessible again to the people of Oldenburg, enabling them to enjoy high-quality living and working right in the heart of their home town.